Community Groups : Become A LeaderWelcome to your next steps on building relationships and growing closer to Jesus.
Community Groups are an integral part of what we do as a church.
We believe sustained life change happens as we grow in a relationship with Christ, and that happens best when we prioritize intentional relationships with others who have the same goal. Community Groups provide people with the opportunity to connect with others, grow in their relationship with Christ, and experience community as they live out their faith serving together.
Paul taught the Corinthians that some plant the seeds, others water them, but God makes them grow (1 Corinthians 3:6). Community Group leaders create environments in which seeds of faith are planted and watered in the lives of those they lead, while trusting God with the growth. Our leaders play a pivotal role in helping us achieve our mission to help people Find and Follow Jesus.
Role of Community Group Leaders
Community Group leaders provide their groups with vision, direction, and support. Successful Leaders are personally growing in their intimacy with God, community with insiders, and influence with outsiders (3 Vital Relationships). They lead their groups in such a way as to encourage the group members’ growth in these three relationships as well.
- Has a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ (for at least a year)
- Recognize the Bible as the authority in their lives
- Is a Rooted Graduate (preferred)
- Has Community Group experience (preferred)
- Is fully-engaged at Real Life Church
- Has the time, emotional capacity, and moral discernment to lead a group
- Lead the group by facilitating group meetings, monitoring the group’s health and duration, and promoting participation among group members
- Commit to engaging in leadership development opportunities provided by the church
- Identify and develop a qualified apprentice and embrace apprentice leader development as a measure of success
To apply for leadership fill out the Group Leader Application. Once you’ve submitted the application, we will contact you for next steps.