Single & Parenting is currently not in session. Join our interest list and we will contact you when registration opens.
Single & Parenting
Other people don’t truly understand how tough it is to be a single parent—day after day after day. Sometimes you want to give up. And that’s a normal reaction—you’re doing the job of two people. You should be tired.
The thing is, you deeply desire to do what’s best for your kids, but you worry that you can’t. Sometimes it’s all you can do to survive from one day to the next.
So what can you do?
Single & Parenting addresses these concerns. You’ll discover how to deal with your deep-down worries and your day-to-day struggles.
At a weekly Single & Parenting group, you’ll meet with other single parents to learn and discuss some amazing parenting strategies and hope-filled insights.
How Single & Parenting Works
Each Single & Parenting session has three distinct elements:
The videos are interesting and dynamic to watch, and filled with practical advice you can easily apply.
After viewing the video, you’ll spend time in a small group and discuss the video concepts and how to apply them.
Short, daily workbook exercises help you adjust the tips to work for you.
Tired & Overwhelmed – Session 1
- Why single parenting is never a solo endeavor
- Reasons you can have hope when all seems lost
- How deeply interested God is in your situation
Your Children & Your Fears – Session 2
- How children typically respond to losses
- How to help a grieving, hurting child
- How to release your worry
Rest & Comfort – Session 3
- Why taking a break can make you a more effective parent
- How to rest your body and soulThe most important thing you can do for your children
- The most important thing you can do for your children
Money & Career – Session 4
- Easy-to-follow budgeting tips
- How to get out of debt
- Secrets of reentering the workforce
Parenting Goals & Expectations – Session 5
- Which parenting goals are important to set
- How critical it is to understand your child’s unique needs
- How to get your kids to obey
Suffering & Adversity – Session 6
- How to allow suffering to work for your good
- How adversity can prepare your kids for success
- Often-overlooked reasons why we experience pain and suffering
Emotions & Stability, Pt. 1 – Session 7
- What your emotions are trying to tell you
- How to work through depression
- How to eliminate fear
Emotions & Stability, Pt. 2 – Session 8
- What’s causing your anger and what you can do with it
- How to forgive someone who won’t admit he’s done anything wrong
- How others can help you deal with your emotions
Parenting Tools & Projects – Session 9
- How to teach your children to be grateful
- The unique challenges children of divorce face
- The vital link between your child’s heart and his behavior
Parenting Approaches & God’s Love – Session 10
- Whom you should model your parenting after
- How your child’s bad behavior can be used to point him to God
- The ultimate reason you should be patient with your kids
Conflict & Resolution – Session 12
- The best way to interact with someone you’re in conflict with
- Why to focus on changing yourself, instead of waiting for someone else to change
- When to seek help from others in managing conflict
Dating & Single Sexuality – Session 13
- Eye-opening reasons to stay sexually pure (and no, it’s not too late)
- When it’s the right time for you to date
- Essential qualities for a potential mate